Immanuel is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Our CORE BELIEFS:
- We believe in the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God has created and loves all that exists. God's deep and abiding love for the world is revealed most clearly in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- God loves, saves, and forgives us by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life. God's Spirit speaks through the scriptures to create and sustain the Church for God's mission in the world.
- God works in and through the Church by the power of the Holy Spirit to redeem and restore all things.
- God offers the gifts of new life and forgiveness of sin through the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
- We accept the Apostles', Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true declarations of the Christian faith.