Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church was founded on May 11, 1870 by Swedish immigrants. It remained in the Augustana Lutheran Church until becoming a member of the Lutheran Church in America in 1962. Upon the merger in 1987, Immanuel became a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
In the early years, Rev A.W. Dahlsten, Rev. Olof O. Olsson and Mr. C.J. Brodine led worship services.
1877-1877 Rev. Frederick Lagerman
1880-1884 Rev. A.M. LeVeau
1886-1909 Rev. J.E. Floren
1909-1913 Rev. Alexis Andreen
1913-1951 Rev. J.E. Liljedahl
1951-1957 Rev. John R. Benson
1957-1966 Rev. Vernon W. Johnson
1967-1977 Rev. Milton Gustafson
1974-1976 Rev. Robert Woods (associate)
1978-1990 Rev. Kenneth Carmichael
1991-2002 Rev. Loren D. Mai
2003-2020 Rev. Kent A. Happel
2022- Rev. Jacqueline Thornton